Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Project 52 and Some Great News...

This week's theme included putting ourselves (the photographer) in the picture - too often we hide behind our cameras!  I had been trying to think of how I'd like to pull that off, when I snapped this picture:



My oldest dog (4 years old, a female named She-Ra {Princess of Power}) has recently been diagnosed with a frightening condition called Evans Syndrome - the short explanation is that her immune system attacks its own red blood cells and platelets.  After two blood transfusions and a ton of ongoing medication, we received word yesterday that her red blood cell level had returned to normal (slightly better than!)!!  This was the picture I sent to my boyfriend to let him know the good news :).


So although this picture didn't really test my photographic skills, and "editing" was merely the push of the "Earlybird" filter in my Instagram app, it is a picture that holds a whole heck of a lot of happiness for me...

1 comment:

  1. I loved this pic when I saw it on Facebook and I love the happy memory you will have from it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!