Saturday, January 14, 2012

Project 52 - Week 2

This week's themes are "open" and "responsibility".  I have to admit, I'm doing the girly thing: over-analyzing the heck out of these themes....and this is only week 2!  I feel like I should have some grand, powerful statement to make.  And then I remind myself to keep it simple - my goal is to work on photography, not to stress myself out trying to decide how literal or how metaphorical to make the photo!  All week I've contemplated what I'd like to capture.  There are several submissions by others related to children and the military, which are of course perfectly relevant.  Had my nieces and nephew been in town, they may have been my subjects.  I'm taking pictures of a welcome home ceremony for a unit toward the end of the month, but that's....at the end of the month.  So I finally came upon my amaryllis experiment.  I say experiment, because I do NOT have a green thumb, but I watched my co-worker's amaryllis bloom, and I want one!  (Also, the amaryllis seems easy to commit to, since it blooms once, and then I'm done!)  Furthermore, the plant lends itself to the themes in several literal AND metaphorical ways - score!  


~ I have a responsibility to the plant
~ I have a responsibility to our earth
~ I have a responsibility to keep my dogs away from my experiment - the amaryllis is poisonous to dogs!
~ The bulb finally began to open!
~ I'm being open to trying something new (keeping a plant alive!)
~ I'm constantly working on being open to the change that is life

I think you get the point :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!