Friday, April 20, 2012

Time!

Wow!  Where have I been?!  I've updated this thing in my head a few times, so when I logged in the other day and saw my last post, I confess to being quite confused...where were my updates?!  Oh.  Right.  Still in my head.  Oops!

So Jasmine Star - the seminar I attended....WOW.  I loved how simple the whole thing was.  How great and down to earth everyone was.  How amazing and gracious Jasmine's husband (JD) IS.  How they ran down the street in Nashville in pajamas to take JD's birthday pictures because they were running out of time.  Jasmine and JD + me = hugged by both of them.  As a matter of fact, I think everyone in attendance was hugged by them.  Seriously, we were just a group of groupies sitting around Jasmine and soaking up her sincere, genuine, radiating, humble, generous self.  Here I am with one of the super fun fellow photogs that I met (Jessy of Daisy Daydreams Portraits and More) gushing at the fab Ms. Star...



Jessy and me agreeing that Jasmine TOTALLY needed to take cowboy boots and a hat back to Cali!


Here are some of my favorite quotes from the night:
~ I love Jesus!
~ Can I get an "amen"?!  (Who knew Californians said that??)
On Struggle:
~ Struggle is what brings us together.
~ As you change, you will struggle.  Change and struggle go hand in hand.
~ Sacrifice doesn't guarantee success, it is merely a pre-requisite of success. {This might be my fave}
And finally:
~ You are the leader of your own game.

There was such an amazing mix of attendees - some, like me, are at the beginning stages of figuring out what we're doing, and some are at the top of their games.  I only slightly felt out of place...at times...  :).  Overall, I had a fantastic experience just being surrounded by others who are obsessed with this hobby of photography.  Jasmine's pitch was about helping one another, making friends, and never giving up the dream...the positivity (it just fits!) was oozing from her and I am SO grateful that I had this opportunity!!

I'll post an update about She-Ra next!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!